From: Mitchell Leben <mitch @ leben . com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 18:02:32 -0500 (CDT)
To: Amy West <awest @ webster . m-w . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

ISDN is plenty.

Using bulk_mailer to speed delivery, I can deliver to 200 addresses in a
few minutes (not including the stubborn addresses). The above list (200
subscribers) gets at least 10 posts a day, for at least 2000 outgoing
messages a day (on just this one list). As far as bandwidth is concerned,
it does not break a sweat.

If you have no other traffic on the line, a 28.8 modem should suffice.

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Amy West wrote:
> What kind of bandwith do you think is needed for a 2500 member
> once-a-day announcement list? ISDN sufficient? fractional T-1 necessary?

-Mitch
Mitchell Leben
mitch @
 leben .