Subject: Re: MIME digest formats
From: Brock Rozen <brozen @ webdreams . com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 03:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On 14 Jul 1997, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> So what's the solution?  Make two fake message/rfc822 parts for the index
> and footer and add them into the multipart/digest?  Do what 2046 says and
> tell people whose mailers blow up to just switch back to RFC1153 digests?

Jason, I thought we weren't going to break standards? While I'm all for
breaking the RFCs on digests -- it a decision you have to fully decide.

IMO, if you're going to break them already, allow the list-manager decide
HOW they want the digests to appear. Even better, allow manual setting,
2046-compliant and 1153 compliant.

 | Brock Rozen | brozen @
 webdreams .
 com | http://www.webdreams.com/~brozen |