Subject: MS Exchange appends html. How do I stop it?
From: Malcolm Jackson <cczmjj @ unix . ccc . nottingham . ac . uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 10:45:08 +0100
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

  This might not make a fat-lot-of-sense. Oh well.

   There are 2 subscribers whos mailers append a html version of their mail
to the end of their message. It looks like their Microsoft Exchange server
thing is the culprit, but the subscribers dont seem to be able to prevent the
message being doctored in this way.

  Do we stop the MS Exchange Server appending the html or what? My digests
are big enough as it is without all this crap added to them as well.

  Any help appreciated.

    Many thanks,

     Mal.

****Example of appended html rubbish appended below****
------ =_NextPart_001_01BC9064.D0E8AC50

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1457.3">

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi All,</FONT>
<BR>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">To start with, cheers to the Leeds =

--
Uni Of Nottm 0115-9515151 x 8137

Ixion - where even the spiders wear ponchos

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~cczmjj

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: MIME digest formats