Subject: please unsub
From: "Mark E. Taylor" <themet @ mindspring . com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:29:23 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I received the following message from a person who claims to have
been subscribed to numbers of lists.  I tried to contact this
individual what lists he claims he gets mail from.  I use a confirm
method to authenticate subscriptions.  His response was that he did
not have time to know what lists he was on only that he wanted off.
I pointed out that in all lists I have a footer gives information on
how to unsub from my lists.

At any rate has anyone else here received this?  I could not find
this person on my lists in any form mentioned in his e-mail.

<< start of forwarded material >>

>From: Vlad Sivyakov <vs @
 miratech .
 kiev .
 ua>
>To: "'themet @
 mindspring .
 com'" <themet @
 mindspring .
 com>,
>        "'listmanager @
 silverquick .
 com'"
><listmanager @
 silverquick .
 com>,
>        "'postmaster @
 silverquick .
 com'" <postmaster @
 silverquick .
 com>,
>        "'freelanc @
 idirect .
 com'" <freelanc @
 idirect .
 com>,
>        "'postmaster @
 idirect .
 com'" <postmaster @
 idirect .
 com>,
>        "'ausrave-owner @
 ausrave .
 net .
 au'"
><ausrave-owner @
 ausrave .
 net .
 au>,
>        "'postmaster @
 ausrave .
 net .
 au'" <postmaster @
 ausrave .
 net .
 au>,
>        "'owner-c-news @
 world .
 std .
 com'" <owner-c-news @
 world .
 std .
 com>,
>        "'postmaster @
 world .
 std .
 com'" <postmaster @
 world .
 std .
 com>
>Subject: please unsub
>Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:51:40 +0300
>
>	Hello.
>	I was spammed by one "good boy" with subscription to a number
>of
>mail-lists, and some of your list too.
>	Please unsubscribe all my Fidonet addresses listed below (and
>this internet address too) from all your mail-lists and add it to
>"refuse" list.
>	That's because one "good guy" subscribed me and I cannot unsub
>myself from this Internet address.
>	The addresses are: * @
 p* .
 f463 .
 n463 .
 z2 .
 fidonet .
 org    and
>* @
 f463 .
 n463 .
 z2 .
 fidonet .
 org
>	Where "*" means "anything".
>	Thanks.
>
>    Good Byte.
>	ByteBuster [bMG] [Team-OS2] [Team-TBH] [Team UA BEER].
>		 Fidonet 2:463/463.

<< end of forwarded material >>

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: List-Managers-Digest V6 #156