Subject: please uns*b
From: arielle @ taronga . com (Stephanie da Silva)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 19:41:36 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Mark E. Taylor:

> I received the following message from a person who claims to have
> been s*bscr*bed to numbers of lists.  I tried to contact this
> individual what lists he claims he gets mail from.  I use a confirm
> method to authenticate s*bscr*pt*ons.
>
> At any rate has anyone else here received this?  I could not find
> this person on my lists in any form mentioned in his e-mail.
>
> >From: Vlad Sivyakov <vs @
 miratech .
 kiev .
 ua>
> >The addresses are: * @
 p* .
 f463 .
 n463 .
 z2 .
 fidonet .
 org   and
> >* @
 f463 .
 n463 .
 z2 .
 fidonet .
 org

Yesterday I received s*bscr*be, l*sts, and h*lp commands, four sets for each
of my two lists (24 commands in all) for this address: buster @
 miratech .
 kiev .
 ua

[.ua is in the ukraine, yes?]

Everything bounced back user unknown, and given there were so many of them,
I suspected a forge attack (which my server had been escaping for a very
long time, but unfortunately has started happening recently).

Today, I received one set each (s*b, l*sts, h*lp) for the two lists for
this address: forever @
 agrobank .
 kiev .
 ua

My lists are set full moderated so I ignored them.

None of the other lists on my server was hit, so I suspect they used the
PAML as their source document.

None of the fidonet nodes shows up in my logs.