Subject: Re: bounced mail
From: Vince Sabio <vince @ humournet . com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:31:28 -0400
To: agale @ rsn . com, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: anne @ rsn . com

** Sometime around 10:49 -0400 7/14/97, agale @
 rsn .
 com sent everyone:

>I'm using majordomo to manage many mailing lists on my IRIX 5.3 server, and
>I'm looking for a way to redirect any returned/bounced mail to the bit
>bucket.  I'm using version 1.93 and don't really like the bounce /
>bounce-remind solution where I have to intervene.  Is there a way to do this?

SmartBounce will automate the process of parsing and tracking your bounces,
as well as generating unsubscribes for those addresses that have either
died or have exceeded a timeout threshold (that you set); the next revision
will also incorporate MD's "bounce" option.

AND it runs on Irix.

There's a freeware version and a commercialware version; details can be
found at <http://www.bsabio.com/SmartBounce/>; answers to questions can be
found at <mailto:orionsoft @
 telephonet .
 com>.