From: "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb @ harte-lyne . ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:37:38 -5
To: LIST-MANAGERS @ GREATCIRCLE . COM
Comments: Authenticated sender is <byrnejb @ mail . halisp . net>

You may be experiencing another bout of maillist delayitis.
Both AOL and JUNO are having difficulty keeping up with traffic
routed to their hosts.  In consequence our mailing lists, which
have more than just a few members from both these services are
backing up on our server waiting a chance to connect to both
destination.  Unfortunately having to process a mail batch three
or four times before it goes through effectively quadruples the
load on our server impacting deliveries for everyone.

The problems will clear up when

a. AOL stops giving the services away or

b. when they make enough money to put in the hardware that they
need for their volume of clients.

Regards,
Jim
---
James B. Byrne                Harte & Lyne Limited
vox: +1 905 561 1241          9 Brockley Drive
fax: +1 905 561 0757          Hamilton, Ontario
mailto:byrnejb @
 harte-lyne .
 ca  Canada L8E 3C3

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Questions about mail