Subject: Re: set the parameters
From: Michael Tibor <tibor @ lib . uaa . alaska . edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 17:16:45 -0800 (AKDT)
To: tomboelling @ juno . com
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 tomboelling @
 juno .
 com wrote:

> 'majordomo set sender to somelist @
 somelist .
 site using -f'

> Where does this fit in to correct so a listmanager does not have to see
> the warning messages . It is a adminstrator thing to correct to set or is
> it a mist manager thing?
> If it's a list manager thing how do you set it off?
>
> Tom
> *****
> Home page
> http://geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/1956/index.htm

The message you're seeing is from Sendmail.  Whoever is responsible for
Sendmail configuration for that server needs to add the following line to
the sendmail.cf file:

Tmajordomo

The above line identifies majordomo as a 'trusted' user.

BTW--this person may also want to rename the majordomo account to
'majordom' as there are supposed to be problems with usernames greater
than 8 characters (I don't know that for sure tho, as I've never used
anything other than 'majordom').

The administrator for that system should really also take another look at
the docs for Majordomo, as it covers the things I've mentioned as well as
lots of other great info.

Hope that helps,
Mike

--
Mike Tibor        University of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
LAN Technician    Consortium Library                (907) 786-6050 fax