From: "Amy Stinson" <amys @ amys-answers . com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 21:01:13 -0500
To: "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb @ harte-lyne . ca>, LIST-MANAGERS @ GREATCIRCLE . COM
Comments: Authenticated sender is <amys @ amys-answers . com>

On 23 Jul 97 at 10:37, James B. Byrne wrote:

> You may be experiencing another bout of maillist delayitis.
> Both AOL and JUNO are having difficulty keeping up with traffic
> routed to their hosts.  In consequence our mailing lists, which have
> more than just a few members from both these services are backing up
> on our server waiting a chance to connect to both destination.
> Unfortunately having to process a mail batch three or four times
> before it goes through effectively quadruples the load on our server
> impacting deliveries for everyone.

My understanding is that AOL is doing major hardware upgrades
(starting yesterday) that would affect mail through today.  My
question is whether they will fix the fundamental problems with how
they do mail as the 130 aol members on my list of 850 constitute
about 90% of my mailserver woes.  And I haven't even mentioned the
actual user problems.