Subject: Re: Subscriber address problem
From: "Bob & Lauren" <hummer @ cnw . com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 10:38:03 +0000
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Comments: Authenticated sender is <bish @ pop . azstarnet . com>

> I changed a subscriber's address, at their request, from their home address
> to a new address at work, call it subscriberx @
 anewplace .
 org .
   None of their
> mail is returned.  Then they post to the list, and posting is restricted to
> subscribers.  It is bounced because the addresses don't match

   Here's what I did to handle address variations under majordomo.  I had the
admin start an "hml-known" list containing the variant addresses and store it
on the listserv machine.  Then, in the config file, I added that list to the
main and digest lists so the robot will look at it too when looking for a
match.  This way, people with more than one address, or addresses that can
change according to what machine they're routed through, can post under any of
their addresses, but only receive list mail at the address of their choosing.

...Bob
http://www.humvee.com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Where"s the Spam-L mailing list??