Subject: MDaemon
From: Peter Bowyer <pbowyer @ verity . com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 13:05:03 -0000
To: "'list-managers @ greatcircle . com'" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

Hi all

Has anyone come across a Windows NT mail server called MDaemon? Someone
just subscribed to one of my lists, they use MDaemon, and he's
complaining that 'the mail comes addressed wrongly'.

I translate this to 'MDaemon is discarding the envelope RCPT TO:
address, and doesn't find a valid local address in the To: header, so it
bounces the mail to the local Postmaster'.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I wonder if anyone has come across this program, and maybe knows a
setting I could convey to the luckless individual's sysadmin to make it
save RCPT TO: in another header so it can deliver it to the correct POP3
client?

Thanks for any help.

Peter

Indexed By Date Previous: RE: Never seen this before!