Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

From: Ken Hooper <bighouse @ type2 . com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 21:02:08 -0500
To: Norbert Bollow <nb @ thinkcoach . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: wmcguire @ cybercom . net

>If Microsoft decides to exploit their strong market position by making
>MLM software widely available which easy to use but which does not
>interoperate well with most e-mail clients on non-Microsoft operating
>systems, then the internet has a problem.

Err...where have you been? 8) We managed to filter the winmail.dat files,
we managed to deal with the incomprehensible error messages from Exchange,
we'll learn to adapt to or annihilate all new Microsoft schema.

People do not subscribe to mailing lists to use their new Microsoft
products. People subscribe to mailing lists to get information. If the
Microsoft products get in the way of the information, then (presumably)
people will abandon their bad proprietary sw and get good cooperative sw,
in order to get the information they want.

--Ken
  68 Westy, Admin --type2-- The Volkswagen Bus Mailing List