Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

From: Michelle Dick <artemis @ rahul . net>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 98 21:27:10 -0700
To: "'List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM'" <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

Dave wrote:
> At 09:28 PM 4/1/98 -0500, Woodrick, Ed wrote:
>
> >     Why do yall go through so much trouble to not utilize existing
> >Internet messaging standards?
>
> I filter out HTML messages for two simple reasons:  They make digest
> versions of my lists unreadable to many s*bscribers, and they increase the
> size of messages with no increase in value.

I also don't allow HTML messages on my list.  And to expand on the
undreadable issue, I have had blind list subscribers write to me to
thank me for the fact that my mailing list and web site are simple
plain text based.

Keeping lists accessable to blind readers is yet another reason for
not complicating simple text discussion with overhead for uneeded
color and fonts.  Color and fonts do not improve discussion.

--
Michelle Dick             artemis @
 rahul .