Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

From: Kersti Anear <kanear @ prahran . wesley . vic . edu . au>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 14:48:27 +1000
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I'm looking for a way to make subscribing to a mailing list REALLY easy.
I've actually had people subscribe like this:

subscribe listname Daisy Jones 115A Wimpole Street

So, what I'm looking for is a script that will take any form I pipe to it
and pull out the subscription and unsubscription requests to which ever
mailing lists are chosen. Oh yer, I know NOTHING about Perl...

To get an idea, I have set up something similar on the web site I manage
for work and I currently handle all requests manually (no confirm on the
list so it's transparent for users)

If you can point me in the rigt direction, I'd be most grateful.

Kersti

Indexed By Date Previous: RE: HTML-enabled mailing lists