Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

From: Ken Hooper <bighouse @ type2 . com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 22:59:21 -0500
To: James Lick <jlick @ drivel . com>, "'List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM'" <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

>Realistically how much value does html add to a mailing list?

Yes, all this talk about the HTML, cutting edge of messaging technology is
bewildering--despite handling hundreds of messages per day for years I
cannot recall ever getting a message that somebody had intentionally,
obviously formatted in HTML so as to improve it (although I did get a nice
one in rich text once 8).

People who write mail in HTML do so exclusively because their MUAs default
that way and they are too dull to turn it off. Cutting edge indeed.

Doing my part to make sure this thread never ends,

--Ken
  68 Westy, Admin --type2-- The Volkswagen Bus Mailing List