Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

Subject: Re: Database & E-mail integration capabilities in Win NT/IIS/FP97/98.
From: Manar Hussain <manar @ ivision . co . uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:48:38 +0100
To: Sanjay Arora <sk @ pobox . com>
Cc: "'List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM'" <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

>Such a target of mailing, about 2.38 GB of email everyday, poses important
>server overhead and MTA assessment requirements. Experienced
>users/programmers are requested to comment, on various facets of the
>project. I plan to put up the site on a virtual server, mainly because I
>cannot afford a dedicated one.

Hmm - that's a hell of a lot of throughput which means you resource use of
a mail server and bandwidth will be significant. Both of these *should*
make the costs for a dedicated co-located server relatively insignificant.
I say should because you may find an ISP who doesn't monitor/limit use of
these resources but they should - especially if they wind up with you as a
client.

Manar