Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

Subject: Re: Database & E-mail integration capabilities in Win NT/IIS/FP97/98.
From: Manar Hussain <manar @ ivision . co . uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 01:36:31 +0100
To: Sanjay Arora <sk @ pobox . com>
Cc: "'List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM'" <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

>What should I look for..a leased server? What kind of resources? OS
>suggestions, keeping in mind, I wish to use something like Frontpage/Cold
>Fusion, to ease the programming of the site. Or should I go in for HTML/CGI
>programming directly..CGI WOULD be CPU intensive.

As I implied - the main problem is that 2.3Gb / day is a lot of bandwidth
(something like 256k sustained) and sounds like a lot of mails (100,000s).
CGIs versus something like cold fusion is not really the issue on this.
You're going to need access to a decent mail server set-up was the point.

Manar