Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

Subject: RE: HTML in lists
From: "Woodrick, Ed" <ewoodrick @ ed-com . com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 00:04:14 -0400
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I don't mind intelligent responses. But I hate ones like this. HTML and
Digests have nothing to do with each other. The problem is that your digest
process doesn't understand HTML If it did, there would be no problem.

It's like saying that you can't accept foreign currency. Sure you can, you
only have to convert it. Maybe you don't want to, but that's another story.

An HTML message can fit into a HTML cognizant digest just as anything else
can. Heck, if each message was saved as a separate MIME body part, it might
even be a better interface.

Ed Woodrick
EDCOM