Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

From: Mike Nolan <nolan @ celery . tssi . com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 11:20:29 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . com (List Managers)

> The existence of disparate formats like Word, WordPerfect, etc., is one
> of the motivating factors for formats like HTML and PDF.

As far as I know, PDF is a proprietary format and requires proprietary
software, unless you have the Adobe engine you cannot create a PDF file.

HTML at least has the virtue of having multiple vendors supporting both
the generation and rendering of it.  (It has numerous flaws, but I don't
know that they are relevant to this entire thread.)
--
Mike Nolan

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: New List/webbers.com