Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

From: Jason Rasku <jrasku @ ArmispianSystems . Rossland . bc . ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:52:03 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Woodrick, Ed" <ewoodrick @ ed-com . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> P.S. I know I must be doing something right, to have upset so many
> people with responses that are grasping at straws!

	Speaking of people grasping at straws.  1) you have a reply to set
to yourself, so people assume that you want a responce, 2) not only do
your messages include duplicate and triplicate and some times even
qudruplicate information (triplicate and quadruplicate due to excesive
quoting), but your verbage is excessive.  (or to put it much less
sucsinctly (less briefly and to the point) you use way to many words (I
have used this as an example of how good a person can be at wasting space
with words, I'm not as good at it as you are).  3) you quote entire
messages without responding directly to them, 4) you call it grasping at
straws when a person disagrees with you, but maybe you are the one
grasping at straws.  5) a message sent to you personaly as well as the
list wastes bandwidth of one message to one person, assumeing there are
100 people subscribed to the list duplicating everything you type in a
form that takes aproximately 1.5 times as much space, wastes 1.5 messages
to 100 people.  Or the equivelent of 150 times as much wasted bandwidth as
that of a message sent to you, and the list.  Now who is grasping at
straws?

							Jason Rasku

--
Jason Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701,
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

Web pages of Interest:
Madness: <http://www.madnation.org/> <http://www.efn.org/~dendron>
Fibre: <http://kootweb.com/trillium/trrasku/trrasku.html>
Spirituality:

ICQ 6375239

Anarchy may not be the best form of government, but it's better than no
government at all.