Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

From: Jason Rasku <jrasku @ ArmispianSystems . Rossland . bc . ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:07:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: Aaron Schrab <aaron+lm @ schrab . com>
Cc: list-managers <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Aaron Schrab wrote:

> At 09:02 -0400, 07 Apr. 1998, Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb @
 aa .
 fv .
 com> wrote:
> > Just a point of clarification:  Most UNIX users can actually handle
> > text/html pretty easily, but they don't necessarily know how.    Here's
> > how:
>
> > text/html; cp %s /tmp/latest.html \; netscape -remote
> > "openURL(file:/tmp/latest.html)" \; echo LOOK IN THE NETSCAPE WINDOW
>
> Great, now the message is being displayed in a Netscape window a few
> miles away.  My eyes are pretty good, but not *that* good. :)
>
> And then there are the people who read mail on Unix machines that don't
> have Netscape (or even X) installed.

	You should be able to get Lynx to display in a similar manner.  I
don't know if you would really want to do that though...

							Jason Rasku

--
Jason Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701,
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

Web pages of Interest:
Madness: <http://www.madnation.org/> <http://www.efn.org/~dendron>
Fibre: <http://kootweb.com/trillium/trrasku/trrasku.html>
Spirituality:

ICQ 6375239

"That unit is a woman."
"A mass of conflicting impulses."
		-- Spock and Nomad, "The Changeling", stardate 3541.9