Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 06:58:21 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Tue, Apr 07, 1998 at 09:40:50AM -0400, Woodrick, Ed wrote:
> P.S. I know I must be doing something right, to have upset so many
> people with responses that are grasping at straws!

No, the reason you've upset so many people is that you have
wandered into a conversation populated with people who have
been running mailing lists for many, many years, and/or who
have a deep understanding of not only the technical but
psychosocial aspects of mailing lists, and you have suggested
something that many of them think is a really bad idea.
You have provided no solid, defensible reasons for doing it
other than "it's possible to do it", which is, of course,
no justification whatsoever, and you have belittled people
whose qualifications and experience dwarf your own.

I think that about covers it.

---Rsk
Rich Kulawiec
rsk @