Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

From: Christopher Samuel <C . Samuel @ eris . dera . gov . uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:54:51 +0100
To: list-managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

In message <116338B0A28AD1118E6400AA005B102B108636 @
 pumba .
 ed-com .
 com>,
	"Woodrick, Ed" <ewoodrick @
 ed-com .
 com> writes:

> And there are probably still people who have terminals that don't
> use lower case. SHOULD WE KEEP TYPING IN UPPERCASE TO MAKE IT EASIER
> FOR THEM TO READ?

You've obviously never used one, your assertion is false.

As most people seem to agree HTML in mail messages adds no content at
the expense of extra cruft in the message.

FWIW my mailer can handle text/html MIME, but I choose not to as I've
tried reading some and they're far less legible than the straight ASCII.

--
 Christopher Samuel        +44 1684 894644        C .
 Samuel @