Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

From: "Katim S. Touray" <dekat @ itis . com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:33:16 -0500
To: <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

Hi there,

I'm writing to find a server to host an Africa-oriented mailing list.  I
would like to run the mailing list from a server that preferably has either
Listserv, or List-Proc.  This is because I would like postings to be
archived, and Listserv I know at least can have an HTML-based archives.

I am not really considering the free mailing list hosting services out
there simply because I would not want any ads tacked on postings sent out.
I just don't want the mailing list I am planning to carry ads.  Also, I am
hoping to be able to set up my own server in the next 6 months or so, and
should by then be able to migrate the list to my server.  In short, I
expect that whoever is willing to offer me space to host the mailing list
can expect that I should be able to, and will, take it off their server
when I get my own.

Please let me know if you need more information from me to be able to
decide whether you can help me or not.  Thanks a lot for your
consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincrely,

Katim S. Touray
dekat @
 itis .
 com

Indexed By Date Previous: Prevalence of mailing-list bombing