Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1998)

Subject: Re: Bounce Handler
From: Jonathan Bradshaw <jonathan @ NrgUp . Com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:41:08 -0500
To: Takashi Tokunaga <taka-tok @ digital-magic . co . jp>, List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

If you are using qmail, why are you not using ezmlm+idx which will handle all
the bounces for you?

I switched from SmartList to Qmail+Ezmlm/IDX and was able to forget for the
1200+ mailing list recipients that bounces even happen!

Even if you don't use Ezmlm, the www.qmail.org site has a tool for using VERP
with other list management packages.

Jonathan

--
 Jonathan Bradshaw (Jonathan @
 NrgUp .
                       > Filter everyone... trust no one <
   "When people understand what Microsoft is up to, they're outraged."
             -- TIM O'REILLY, President, O'Reilly & Associates

From: "Michael C. Berch" <mcb @ postmodern . com>
Next: Prevalence of mailing-list bombing
From: Andy Finkenstadt <andyf @ gateway . simutronics . com>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Bounce Handler
From: Christopher Samuel <C . Samuel @ eris . dera . gov . uk>
Next: Re: Bounce Handler
From: Brian Behlendorf <brian @ hyperreal . org>