From: Mike Nolan <nolan @ celery . tssi . com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 11:23:41 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . com (List Managers)

> If the existing FAQs and documentation aren't sufficient to your needs,
> O'Reilly has a book on list administration out.  I don't really see why all
> the effort put into existing materials needs to be duplicated, but if you're
> bound and determined, by all means, go for it.

Not all mailing list software packages have excellent documentation or
FAQ's, and a lot of the information it takes to run a list isn't directly
related to the list software itself, but to other aspects of e-mail.

The first I'd heard of this particular book from O'Reilly was on this
list earlier this week.  That's unusual because I generally receive
press releases from them, and have gotten review copies of several of
their Unix-related books.

I'm one of those who would buy most O'Reilly books sight unseen, (I own
about 40 of them), though I a bit skeptical of the ability to distill the
knowledge, wisdom, and patience it takes to be a successful list manager
into ANY book.
--
Mike Nolan