From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 09:54:17 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In message <19980501095358 .
 A23793 @
 swcp .
 com>,
Lazlo Nibble <lazlo @
 swcp .
 com> wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 30, 1998 at 09:09:56PM -0400, Pete St. Onge wrote:
>
>>      That said, what resources are there for list admins (irrespective
>> of their experience level)?
>
>1) The Documentation.
>2) The FAQ.

Since we are on the subject, allow _me_ to ask ``Where _is_ the FAQ exactly?''

I've been loking for it myself and (as you might imagine) I'd like to per-
haps make a contribution or two to it on the topic of security.

>Maybe this suggestion sounds facetious and snotty, but a number of the people
>who are squealing loudest in this thread have very obviously never looked at
>(or even for) either one.

Well, even _I_ wouldn't go that far.  A lot of people, myself included, are
not even sure precisely where the FAQ is.

It's hard to benefit from a resources if you don't know weher it is.

>> Perhaps within the expertise of this list, we could put together a
>> general overview of list operations, perhaps even with specific examples for
>> the various list progs.
>
>If the existing FAQs and documentation aren't sufficient to your needs,
>O'Reilly has a book on list administration out...

Now _that_ should be a very useful bit of information for the participants
here!  (I for one didn't know anything about this new book until you men-
tioned it.)

I just popped over to O'Reilly's web site and found the page on it.  Here's
the URL for the benefit of anyone else who might be interested:

	http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mailing/

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub Technologies, Inc.
-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/deadbolt/
-- Wpoison (web harvester poisoning) - demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/wpoison/