Subject: Re: MajorDomo Header/Footer insertion Web interface script.
From: Bill Houle <Bill . Houle @ SanDiegoCA . NCR . COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:35:30 -0700
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 01:57 PM 4/29/98 -0600, Lazlo Nibble wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 29, 1998 at 09:33:16AM -0700, Chris Newman wrote:
>
>> We are in the process of installing MajorDomo and MajorCool. The only
utility
>> which seems to be missing is a script which creates a Web page GUI for the
>> automatic insertion of headers and footers in outgoing messages.
>
>Majordomo controls message headers and footers in the listname.config file.
>Not sure where a web script would come in on the process.

Majordomo headers & footers (in the list.config) can be maintained via
MajorCool.

However, I believe Chris is asking about the use of MajorCool (or whatever)
to actually originate mail. Majordomo/MajorCool was never intended to be a
mail agent. Such a product is available though: www.hotmail.com :).

--bill

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: NEW: List-digest - for list owners