From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 10:20:09 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In message <199805041616 .
 SAA08107 @
 pythagoras>,
Norbert Bollow <nb @
 thinkcoach .
 com> wrote:

>I hereby offer to any list-owner to provide for a flat fee of US-$200 all
>the technical knowledge and advice which is needed for properly securing
>a mailing list so that it is no longer a net-menace (in respect to
>subscription-bombing as well as in respect to the various methods employed
>by spammers to obtain e-mail addresses from subscription lists and mailing
>list archives.)
>
>By the way, I really think that this service will be available cheaper
>elsewhere; e.g. there are many great people on the net who give this kind
>of advice for free, but since I have a very heavy workload I can make this
>kind of offer only if I write something on the "price tag".

I do feel that Norbert's offer is reasonable, and that it may in fact be
accepted by at least some list admins.

For my part, what _I_ am willing to offer is to give any list admin who
is running a list without subscription confirmations the ISBN number of
that new O'Reilly mailing list book.  (I wish I could do more, but that
is all I have time for and is, in any case, all that should really be
required.)

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub Technologies, Inc.
-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/deadbolt/
-- Wpoison (web harvester poisoning) - demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/wpoison/