From: Ken Hooper <bighouse @ type2 . com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 20:26:19 -0600
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

>>	Page 44:  	"Can require confirmation of subscriptions"
>>	ListProc:	No
>>	ListServ:	Yes
>>	MajorDomo:	Yes
>>	SmartList:	No

This is a surprise. I run SmartList and my list has a fine confirmation
processor. It is not quite as user-friendly as Listserv's as it requires
pasting the confirm command + cookie into the subject line, but then again
I regard this as a feature--people who are too dumb to follow clear,
concise instructions cannot get past the confirmation processor and that's
okay with me. There are several grounds one might employ to dismiss
SmartList but this is not one of them.

--Ken