Subject: AOL: more trouble than they're worth??
From: Marcus <carcus @ bit . net . au>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 23:33:37 +1000
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi all

I know that AOL have been trouble in the past, but it seems that my List is
particularly inflicted with more problems than most with regards AOL users.

I'd say about 10 to 15% of my subscribers are from AOL, and not a day goes
by that one or more of these accounts has either a full mailbox, or has
mail returned "service unavailable".  I understand this means either AOL
users don't read their mail too oftern (or AOL set their mailbox limit WAY
too low), or that AOL mail servers are continuolly going down.

I've stood by a policy whereby any AOL account that bounces is
automatically removed (this I do manually) - on a partiularly busy post-day
there are up to 150 posts, and faulty AOL accounts make the day a mess.

Can ANYONE enlighten me on the best way to deal with AOL admin (ie what the
hell is REALLY going on at their end)?

Cheers
Marcus
Admin - Eternal Life: Jeff Buckley Mailing List

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: What to do about site that indiscriminatly relay?