Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

Subject: RE: List-Managers-Digest V7 #94
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 17:34:30 -0700
To: Ken McDonald <ken @ topica . com>, List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 7:29 AM -0700 6/1/98, Ken McDonald wrote:

> How would Findmail know who the real list owner is?  Unless I am missing
> something, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to know for sure who the
> list owner is on a given list.

By reading the list documentation that tells people how to use the
list? Any list documentation that doesn't give a contact point for a
real human is, IMHO, broken, so findmail is the least of their
problems. And failing that, simply try postmaster at the site running
the list. It's real tough to do these things, I realize. Better to toss
the onus of responsibility on someone else.

--
Chuq Von Rospach (Hockey fan? <http://www.plaidworks.com/hockey/>)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq @