Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

Subject: Re: Finding A Listowner
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ QueerNet . ORG>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:48:13 -0700 (PDT)
To: Brock Rozen <brozen @ torah . org>
Cc: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>, List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Brock Rozen wrote:
> Just for your knowledge -- this is how Mj1 runs as well. You have the
> option of turning the -request addresses on or off...but when on, they are
> for machine-bound messages.

The default behavior is NOT to run the subscribe robot, but to run a
recorded message that tells three things clearly: how to subscribe, how to
unsubscribe, and how to reach a human.  We also cc mail to a list's
-request address to the list-owner for inspection.  Listening for commands
at the -request adress is NOT the default behavior.  The original
configuration, before you could even do this, is to run request-answer
there; I still do this, because I find users deal with it better.
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE     rogerk @
 QueerNet .