Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

Subject: Re: Big Picture
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ PLAIDWORKS . COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 21:16:54 -0700
To: Eric Thomas <ERIC @ VM . SE . LSOFT . COM>, Margaret Levine Young <margy @ gurus . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM, Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ PLAIDWORKS . COM>

At 6:12 PM -0700 6/15/98, Eric Thomas wrote:

> Chuq, I'll let your other comments  slip through without starting a flame
> war :-), but THAT is a really silly  thing to say!

Hey, I wasn't only expecting you to pop up and prove me wrong, I was
depending on it.

> staff list  ;-) I don't  think you can  say that there  are automatically
> more or better tools for Majordomo  just because it's open, available and
> hackable. LISTSERV was free until 1993 (including freely available source
> code) and  I haven't noticed  a change in  the development of  free tools
> when it went  commercial.

How widely available are these things? Is there a web site? and/or mail
lists to discuss it? I'm not being silly -- I don't know, and I'd like
to find out whether it's because it's not there or whether I'm just not
plugged in to listserv. Probably the latter, but if I'm wondering, I'm
sure others are, too...

--
Chuq Von Rospach (Hockey fan? <http://www.plaidworks.com/hockey/>)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq @

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: A really good point against Mike Nolan's idea