Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

Subject: Re: Big Picture
From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 12:40:29 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Mon, Jun 15, 1998 at 05:35:40PM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> But take a look at what's going on around majordomo, and you'll see
> lots of neet tools coming around, because it IS open, available and
> hackable. And if you want to take advantage of that stuff, you probably
> ought to think about going where the action is.

Let me add a *strong* second to this opinion.  Majordomo, because the
source code is freely available, is rapidly evolving.  Not that I
necessarily agree with everything that's being done to it, but I recognize
that a *lot* of people are trying to improve it, add things to it
(e.g. majorcool) and that it is going through a rapid evolution whose
result is very handy for those of us who run mailing lists.

IMHO, it's the best tool available for the job as it stands, and in six
months, it'll be *much* better.  It's also free.

---Rsk
Rich Kulawiec
rsk @
 gsp .