Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

Subject: Re: Finding A Listowner
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:40:41 -0700
To: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 9:54 PM -0700 6/17/98, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
> Don't be ridiculous; nobody asked you if you read articles about
> COBOL compilers or SNA.  You were asked why you don't have someone
> read all the draft RFC's.  I don't see an answer to that question
> in the above paragraph.

Rich, you're being stubborn. The answer is in there: the RFC's are just
as relevant to Eric as Cobol and SNA. He has other priorities. As do
most of us. Looking out at everything in case any of it might impact us
is a no-win, infinite timesink situation. that's one reason why I watch
lists like this instead, because they make useful heads-up. NONE of us
have time to keep track of everything. and I, for one, consider RFCs a
low priority, for the simple reason that any RFC that's going to impact
me should come up on one of the resources I do monitor. If I don't,
then the group MAKING the RFC is hiding so well that not only can't I
find out about it, but none of the other people I interact with did,
either. And if they're hiding that well, I don't particularly feel I
need to pay attention to them.

> Frankly, I'm astonished.  This is a pretty amazing case of denial,
> which wouldn't really bother me --

It is, Rich, but you're the one denying reality, not Eric. you're so
fixed on how you think things should be you won't allow anyone to not
match it. And many of us don't, and won't.

--
Chuq Von Rospach (Hockey fan? <http://www.plaidworks.com/hockey/>)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq @