Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

From: Norbert Bollow <nb @ thinkcoach . com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 12:09:42 +0200
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Prefer-language: de, en, fr

Mike Nolan <nolan @
 celery .
 tssi .
 com> wrote:

> As we may be boring some of our list manager brethren (and sistren?) to
> tears here, I'm willing to move the discussion to another forum if those
> willing to continue discussing it (even if in the negative) are willing to
> come along, too.

I have set up the following mailing lists, which are now available via
Majordomo @
 thinkcoach .
 com

RATIONET                General discussion of the RATIONET proposal

RATIONET-announce       Important announcements

RATIONET-protocols      More technical discussions, like designing protocols
                        and such.

Anyone who is interested in these ideas is requested to please come over and
help getting these ideas straighted out. Those who are sceptical of the idea
(or even opposed of it) are especially welcome, since it'll be healthy if at
least someone will be trying to talk some sense into us :)

-- NB.

P.S. For the benifit of anyone who may have joined this list quite recently,
     the proposal is to design a new network based on replacing TCP/IP with
     a different protocol suite, which will be rationally designed to support
     volunteer efforts as well as rationable net commerce, but not spammers
     and other bandwidth thieves.