Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

Subject: Re: integrated delivery system
From: Jeff Wasilko <jeffw @ smoe . org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:31:31 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 07:03:56PM -0500, Adam Bailey wrote:
> On 6/18/98 9:46 AM, D. J. Bernstein <djb @
 cr .
 yp .
 to> wrote...

> >Everyone understands that addresses have to be copied exactly.
>
> If they *copy* them, perhaps. But some people just try to guess at what
> they see/saw, making assumptions along the way. I can't even count the
> number of times this month I've corrected people who spelled "LISTSERV"
> as "LISTSERVE," and couldn't understand why their mail was being bounced.

Yup. I use majordomo, and I have an administrative account called
'majordom' that majordomo runs as.

I probably get 2 or 3 people a week sending requests to majordom
rather than majordomo.

List management software that either use listname-COMMAND addresses
or (worse) accept administrative commands at the posting address
do nothing but confuse the masses (IMHO).

-Jeff