Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

Subject: Re: Pentium II Xeon Processor - Product Launch Briefing
From: Manar Hussain <manar @ ivision . co . uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 18:41:27 +0100
To: Bill Garnett <billg @ mmgco . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

What a complete load of b**locks - this is just a poor attempt at hiding SPAM.

Any list system that already uses Intel hardware will have no real benefit
from the new processors, CPU performance from current AMD/Cyrix or Intel
CPUs are just fine to get decent performance, it's other resoureces that
matter more.

At 10:23 19/06/98 -0700, Bill Garnett wrote:
>I'd like to tell members of the List Managers' Mail List list about an
>interesting event coming up on Monday, June 29, at 10 am Pacific Time.
>
>Intel Corporate Vice Presidents Pat Gelsinger and John Miner will be giving
>a high level briefing about a new Intel processor, the Pentium II Xeon,
>which is designed exclusively for midrange and higher servers and
>workstations. The Pentium II Xeon is represents a significant increase in
>server and workstation performance.
>
>Pat and John will explain the new processor's performance in detail. This
>briefing is aimed at IT/IS and LOB managers, network administrators and
>anyone with an interest in high performance servers and work stations. It
>will emphasize hard data about the Pentium II Xeon and what its
>capabilities mean, in a practical sense, to network users and managers.
>List managers may be interested in the potential use of servers using this
>greatly enhanced power.
>
>Go to
>http://www.intel.com/PentiumII/Xeon/Webcast/index.htm?iid={whatsnew=webcast}
>for more details and to register to receive a reminder of the event.
>
>Bill Garnett
>billg @
 mmgco .