Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

Subject: Re: Pentium II Xeon Processor - Product Launch Briefing
From: Mike Nolan <nolan @ celery . tssi . com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:20:57 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . com (List Managers)

Like Ron, I first reacted to this note with my usual visceral disgust for
spam.  Then I did a little checking, though not quite along the same lines
as Ron.  I looked up the poster, and it appears to be some kind of public
relations or advertising agency in Oregon, not Intel.

No, it isn't spam.  Yes, it is a posting by some overzealous PR person.
But isn't the phrase 'overzealous PR person' slightly redundant?

I would have said that this was at best an EXTREME stretch of relevance
for this list.  By that same logic, ANYBODY online should be interested
in this announcement, since by definition they have an interest in
computers, if only as users.  (But, if this post showed up on EVERY
maiing list, it would then qualify as 'spam' under Ron's formula.)

Anyway, I think the poster has been chastised sufficiently by our List
Manager.

Let's get back to fighting among ourselves over 'standards'.  :-)
--
Mike Nolan

PS.  In the interests of full disclosure, I should mention that this post
was composed on an AMD-based computer.  :-)

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Pentium II Xeon Processor - Product Launch Briefing