Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

Subject: This month's winner: least helpful bounce message.
From: Lone Deranger <memory @ blank . org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:28:14 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Thank heavens for VERPs, or I might never have figured out where
this bounce message had come from.  Note the STUNNINGLY useful
"Press F1 for help with VNM error codes."  I'm also impressed
by the "Abco de Buck @
 Alg@ABE.WAU" destination address.

Anybody out there have any idea what nightmarish cruft generated
this one?  I'm torn between droll amusement and an overwhelming
desire to cram the DSN RFCs down the author's throat, by hand,
inscribed on stone tablets.

-Nathan J. Mehl
 postmaster @
 blank .
 org

-----Forwarded message from MAILER-DAEMON @
 Vines2 .
 WAU .
 NL-----

Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:16:22 -0200
From: MAILER-DAEMON @
 Vines2 .
 WAU .
 NL
Subject: Undeliverable Message
To: anacam-owner-Abco .
 deBuck=ALG .
 ABE .
 WAU .
 NL @
 bigtime .
 blank .
 org

To:            Smtp @
 Mail@Alg[<cgoodman @
 sprint .
 ca>]
		 Smtp @
 Mail@Alg["Lone Deranger" <memory @
 blank .
 org>]
Cc:            Smtp @
 Mail@Alg[<anacam @
 blank .
 org>]
Subject:       Re: [anacam] replying

Message not delivered to recipients below.  Press F1 for help with VNM
error codes.

	VNM3043:  Abco de Buck @
 Alg@ABE.WAU

VNM3043 -- MAILBOX IS FULL

   The message cannot be delivered because the
   recipient's mailbox contains the maximum number of
   messages, as set by the system administrator.  The
   recipient must delete some messages before any
   other messages can be delivered.
    The maximum message limit for a user's mailbox is
   10,000.  The default message limit is 1000 messages.
   Administrators can set message limits using the
   Mailbox  Settings function available in the
   Manage User menu  (MUSER).

   When a user's mailbox reaches the limit, the
   user must delete some of the messages before
   the mailbox can accept any more incoming messages.

-----End of forwarded message-----

--

 blank .

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: RE: Finding A Listowner