Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1998)

Subject: Re: This month's winner: least helpful bounce message.
From: Adam Bailey <adamb @ tezcat . com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 21:06:55 -0500
To: <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On 6/18/98 3:28 PM, Lone Deranger <memory @
 blank .
 org> wrote...

>Thank heavens for VERPs, or I might never have figured out where
>this bounce message had come from.  Note the STUNNINGLY useful
>"Press F1 for help with VNM error codes."

I've always found that error amusing, since I first started seeing it
about a year ago. A perfect example of a system that just wasn't meant to
properly handle non-local traffic.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: This month's winner: least helpful bounce message.