Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1998)

Subject: Re: Why don't I get fters added to message?
From: "Bill Casti (System Admin)" <help @ quality . org>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 20:10:10 -0500 (EST)
To: Roman Melihhov <roman @ blackout . online . ee>

You have to replace the "<< END" with an equal sign and some text to see
footers, eg.

message_footer = To leave this list, send an "unsubscribe LISTNAME"
message to...""

Make sure that the entire text is on a SINGLE LINE, even if it goes past
the right margin, or it won't work at all.

"<< END" is the default, which is NO footer. Read your Majordomo
documentation which is VERY clear on all this!

 Bill Casti, CQA                                     Email: help @
 quality .
 org
 Domain Owner, QUALITY.ORG                           Pager: +1 800 604 6149
 President, AQC, Inc.                                  Fax: +1 703 834 8209
        Shop our Online Quality Resources Website and Marketplace at
                       http://www.quality.org/shopping.htm

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Roman Melihhov wrote:

> There's no footers added to outgoing messages allthough I have following in
> my config:
>
> # message_footer       [string_array] (undef) <resend,digest>
> # Text to be appended at the end of all messages posted to the
> # list. The text is expanded before being used. The following
> # expansion tokens are defined: $LIST - the name of the current
> # list, $SENDER - the sender as taken from the from line, $VERSION,
> # the version of majordomo. If used in a digest, no expansion
> # tokens are provided
> message_footer      <<  END

 blakout .
 net or use online List-Homie wizard
> http://www.blakout.net/cgi-bin/webdriver.pl?step=listhomie
> Help: owner-homies-forum @
 blakout .
 net

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Dr.-Ing.H. Guzman wrote:

> Hi,
> I had/have the same troubles with the footer.
> My conclusion is that the 'resend' program
> don't understand the command of the List.configuration.
>
> So I'm trying to understand the resend...
>
> Henry

Indexed By Date Previous: Why don't I get fters added to message?