Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1998)

Subject: Re: hotmail problems?
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mkc @ Graphics . Cornell . EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:58:54 -0500
To: nolan @ tssi . com
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . com (List Managers)

problems yes.  big problems, no not yet.  poking through the logs I
see a lot of hit and miss.  Lots of failed connections, but lots of
good ones, too.  There are not a large number of queued messages for
them, so it's slowed, but not to a full stop.  But we've only got 3
sizeable lists running here.  Might be a different story at a "large"
site.

Errors I'm seeing:

stat=Deferred: Connection timed out during user open with mail.hotmail.com
stat=Deferred: Connection reset by peer during greeting wait with
     mail.hotmail.com
stat=Deferred: Connection reset by peer during RCPT wait with mail.hotmail.com
stat=Deferred
stat=Deferred: Requested mail action not taken: mailbox unavailable.

delays are running from 0 to 5 hours.

-Mitch

--
                     "Families can't trust Disney"