Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1998)

Subject: Re: hotmail problems?
From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:08:25 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM (List Managers)

At 12:58 PM 12/11/98 -0500, Mitch Collinsworth wrote:

>problems yes.  big problems, no not yet.  poking through the logs I
>see a lot of hit and miss.  Lots of failed connections, but lots of
>good ones, too.  There are not a large number of queued messages for
>them, so it's slowed, but not to a full stop.  But we've only got 3
>sizeable lists running here.  Might be a different story at a "large"
>site.

Of 203 items of queued mail on my system, 162 have pending hotmail recipients.

However, I just started a "sendmail -v -qNhotmail" and it got a connection
to hotmail and is busily (but slowly) delivering mail.

I'd say that they are having a problem, but they are taking mail.
--
That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.
That which does kill us makes us smell stronger, after a few days, anyway.