Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1998)

From: Stephanie da Silva <arielle @ Taronga . COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:01:35 -0600 (CST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I've been approached by someone who wants to use the PAML in a novel
way.  He's planning on setting up a web site to perform various
mailing list services.  One of the things he wants to do is put a
button on all the mailing list pages so if you click on it, it will
generate a s*bscr*ption request for that list from his site.

Because of the dozens of different varieties of mailing list managers,
I have my doubts that this will even work.  But my question to you
is, what would you think of a third party forwarding administrative
requests to you/your listserver via their web interface?

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Etiquette of List Owners