Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1998)

From: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 18:56:07 -0500 (EST)
To: Stephanie da Silva <arielle @ Taronga . COM>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Stephanie da Silva wrote:

> Because of the dozens of different varieties of mailing list managers,
> I have my doubts that this will even work.  But my question to you
> is, what would you think of a third party forwarding administrative
> requests to you/your listserver via their web interface?

If he can accommodate the top half dozen or so most popular mailing
list manager software packages, he should cover something on the order
of 95% of all publicly accessible mailing lists.  As for listing my
own lists on such a service, I am absolutely NOT interested.  The
experience I've had with this type of service has been very poor.
Forgeries and otherwise unwanted subscription requests outnumbered
legitimate requests by a WIDE margin.  I would NOT recommend such a
service to another list manager.

- murr -