Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1998)

From: "Kenneth E. Paul" <kenny @ cisco . com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 16:59:33 -0800
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM, kenny @ cisco . com

->"I am the manager of the ListsNet Directory, a web site
->(http://www.listsnet.com/) whose mission is to provide users with automatic
->subscription to the best mailing lists available on the Internet.  I have
->read your list's description in the PAML (Publicly Available Mailing List
->Directory, http://www.neosoft.com/internet/paml), and I think it would make
->a great addition to our database (if it is indeed a public list)."
->

I got basicly the same message from these folks about two weeks ago,
expounding virtues of becoming one of thier "Channel Managers".

As near as I could tell, a "Channel Manager" is just a buzzword they
coined make it sound so much more important than "Mailing List Admin".

I really didn't see the benefits to my list members either.

Regards,        Kenny Paul
Kenneth E. Paul, Sr. Systems Administrator                   kenny @
 cisco .
 com
Software Management & Delivery Systems                          408-526-5210
Cisco Systems, Inc. 100 W. Tasman Dr. M-2, San Jose CA, 95134
"It's a shame that our kids are dumb but our bombs are smart." -Danny Elfman