Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1998)

Subject: Strategies for making the best use of lists
From: Bill Southerly <e2pysou @ fre . fsu . umd . edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:33:01 +0000
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I will be making a presentation regarding various strategies that can be
used by subscribers to best deal with active lists (20-50 messages a
day) and I am looking for ideas that other list managers may have on
this topic. I will be discussing such things as:

1.  the identification of appropriate software (suggestions are welcome)
2.  techniques for controlling the list instead of allowing the list to
    control you (e.g., asking the questions you want answered vs
    lurking)
3.  using the archives of a list and
4.  the best use of the digest option

Any suggestions including identification of additional lists to send
this message would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

 *  TIPS IS PARTIALLY SUPPORTED BY A GRANT FROM THE SOCIETY FOR THE   *
 *    TEACHING OF PSYCHOLOGY, AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION -    *
 *                             DIVISION 2                             *
 *                                                                    *
 *                                                                    *
 *   TIPS  LISTOWNER   -   CONTACT DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS      *
 *  BILL SOUTHERLY              INTERNET:  BSOUTHERLY @
 FRE .
 FSU .
 UMD .
 EDU *
 *  DEPT. OF PSYCHOLOGY                    E2PYTIPS @
 FRE .
 FSU .
 UMD .
 EDU   *
 *  FROSTBURG STATE UNIVERSITY             TIPSOWNER @
 FRE .
 FSU .
 UMD .
 EDU  *
 *  FROSTBURG, MARYLAND USA  21532         PHONE   : (301) 687-4778   *