Subject: Re: When lawyers run the internet
From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 17:24:17 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 10:26:46AM -0700, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
> At 10:08 PM 4/30/99 -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> >But I don't worry about it. but it IS, I think, another argument FOR
> >mail-back validation, because you have a nice proof that it wasn't
> >unsolicited or forged.
>
> Good point, but who keeps those around? Is a few lines (which doesn't
> include the "auth" part) in the Majordomo log good enough to "prove"
> validation?

I do.  I've had a few instances where people have jumped up and
down screaming (well, okay figuratively) that they never subscribed
and wouldn't subscribe and I had better remove them or they'd mailbomb
the list, yadda yadda yadda.

Oddly enough, *none* of them have ever replied again after I've
forwarded them copies of the messages that they used to subscribe.

---Rsk
Rich Kulawiec
rsk @
 gsp .